More convenience, more safety, higher energy savings, for home and building KNX technology – the world’s only open standard for all applications in home and building control is making automation successful for new building as in existing ones.
KNX is a simple system for intelligent electrical installation networking. A KNX bus cable combines devices and systems and new functions can be easily added in the future as the needs of occupants change and extra functionality is required.
KNX products are used to build intelligent integrated building control solutions for domestic and commercial applications. As a result, owners, residents, or managers of these properties have control over the everyday working or living environment. This can cover all building services such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lighting, security and metering as well as the operation of blinds, electrical appliances, windows, facades, AV/sound systems and many other functions.
KNX – the Worldwide STANDARD for Home and Building Control
In order to transfer control data to all building management components, a system is required that does away with the problems of isolated devices by ensuring that all components communicate via one common language: in short, a system such as the manufacturer and application domains independent KNX Bus. This standard is based upon more than 25 years of experience in the market. Via the KNX medium (twisted pair, radio frequency, power line or IP/Ethernet-WIFI), to which all bus devices are connected, they are able to exchange information. Bus devices can either be sensors or actuators needed for the control of building management equipment such as: lighting, blinds / shutters, security systems, energy management, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, signalling and monitoring systems, interfaces to service and building control systems, remote control, metering, audio / video control, white goods, etc. All these functions can be controlled, monitored and signalled via a uniform system without the need for extra control centres.
Advantages of KNX
- International Standard- therefore future proof KNX is the worldwide STANDARD for Home and Building Control
- Through product certification, KNX guarantees interoperability and interworking of products The KNX certification process ensures that different products of different manufactures used in different applications operate and communicate with each other. This ensures a high degree of flexibility in the extension and in the modification of installations.
- KNX can be used for All Application Areas in home and building control KNX can be used for all possible functions / applications in home and building control ranging from lighting and shutter control to security, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, monitoring, water control, energy management, metering as well as household appliances, audio and lots more.
- Wherever it is employed, KNX brings real benefits to architects, designers, and contractors and, above all, to building owners and/or users. Low operating costs resulting in considerable energy savings. Lighting and heating are only switched on when needed, e.g. depending on time profiles and/or actual presence, thus saving energy and money.
- Time saving interlinking of all communicating devices with a single bus considerably reduces design and installation time.
- Flexibility and adaptability to future developments A KNX installation can be easily adapted to new applications and is easily extendable. New components can be easily connected to the existing bus installation.
- KNX supports several communication media
- KNX TP (separate bus cable).
- KNX PL (existing mains network).
- KNX RF (via radio signals).
- KNX IP (via Ethernet or WIFI)
- KNX can be coupled to other systems. Several KNX manufacturers offer gateways to other networks, i.e. to other building automation systems, telephone networks, Security & surveillance system, multimedia networks, IP networks, IEEE 802.25.4 Zigbee Networks, DALI Lighting Systems and many more.
At Anglo African, our automation solutions are based on intelligent installation system that meets the highest requirements for applications in modern home and building control. The simple and proven KNX technology (http://www.knx.org), which is accepted as the world’s first open standard for the control of all types of intelligent buildings – industrial, commercial or residential. Our solutions are for new & existing buildings and is extendible/adaptable to new needs.
Are you looking to improve the efficiency of your business . Learn how Anglo African team can help you to implement an automation strategy for your enterprise needs. The Anglo African team is fully committed to helping you in achieving your new vision to drive operations to the fullest potential. For specific queries, get in touch with Navin by calling on: 2331636 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .