Today marketing does not only serve one purpose – to sell. Today we use marketing to build relationships, maintain good rapport among customers and other brands, and to stay relevant.
Brands don’t just compete for sales, but for fans, followers, online communities, praise and all-round positive sentiment. Therefore there is the need to step off the Planet of Traditional Marketing into the Digital Sphere.
Why should businesses either develop or strengthen their presence online:
- Level playing field: Any business can compete with competitors regardless of size with a solid digital marketing strategy.
- Reduced cost:Your business can develop its online marketing strategy for very little cost and can potentially replace costly advertising channels such as yellow pages, television, radio and magazine.
- Simple to measure:Unlike traditional methods you can see in real time what is or is not working for your business online and you can adapt very quickly to improve your results. For measuring traffic to your site you can use Google Analytics to measure specific goals for online campaigns.
- Real time results:You don’t have to wait weeks for a boost to your business like you would have increase, peak trading times, conversion rates and much more at the touch of a button.
- Refinement of your strategy: Basically anything that you capture in your customer journey can be reported on and improved for greater success at the fraction of the cost of traditional marketing.
- Brand Development: An optimised and updated website with quality content targeting the needs and adding value to your target audience can provide significant value and lead generation opportunities. The same can be said for utilising social media channels and personalised e-mail marketing.
- Far greater exposure:Your business can be seen anywhere in the world from one marketing campaign, the cost to do this using traditional method would be considerable. Plus once you have optimised the keyword search content on your website you should see a long-term return on your investment and will be fairly low cost to maintain your ranking.
- Viral:How often do your sales flyers get passed around instantly by your customers and prospects? Online, using social media share buttons on your website, e-mail and social media channels enables your message to be shared incredibly quickly, just look how effective it is for sharing breaking news.
- Greater engagement:With digital marketing, you can encourage your prospects, clients and followers to engage with your brand, visit your website, keep up to date with your products and services, rate them buy them and provide feedback which is visible to your market. So it doesn’t take long for good publicity to enhance your brand recognition and help you reach new customers online.
Does your organisation need an effective digital marketing strategy? Contact us on 2163316 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Anglo African Consulting Team will be pleased to develop your strategic plan and assist you in your digital marketing needs.