Smartphones, smartwatches, smart glasses, we are surrounded by intelligent, data-driven technology aimed at optimising every area of our lives. Yet a gadget is just the beginning. Its real potential lies in the network of relationships that emerge among these devices. Connected, smart devices and their attendant applications represent the next big leap in human-computer interaction: the intelligent workplace.
An intelligent workplace powered by KNX technology
Perfect working conditions during everyday office activities, KNX solutions facilitate work and save energy – fully automatically. Adapting the lighting, heating and air conditioning to particular situations means that optimum working conditions can be achieved at any time. Unnecessary energy consumption is prevented by ensuring that loads are switched off automatically.
- Reception – Certainly the perfect reception At receptions a variety of tasks need to be performed in the course of a day. Arriving guests are received at the TwinBus door station which can be integrated into the KNX control. At night a touch panel provides an overview of where windows are still open. The convenient central OFF function ensures that all loads are switched off at closing time.
- Individual office – Perfect surroundings for high efficiency. You need the right surroundings to be able to concentrate on what is important. Having the right temperature, ventilation and lighting for your workplace increases your sense of comfort and your working efficiency. Did you forget to deactivate the light or the heating/air conditioning when leaving the room? No problem, because the movement and brightness-dependent control deactivates all loads and saves energy costs.
- Open-plan office – Flexible lighting control It is a normal situation in open-plan offices that employees do not leave their workplaces at the same time in the evening, but in dribs and drabs. Presence detectors over the desk KNX presence clusters detect when areas are no longer being detector used, and then automatically deactivate the lighting. Constant lighting control ensures an ideal lighting situation from morning to evening
- Conference room – Presentation mode at the push of a button With KNX, it is amazingly easy to prepare a presentation. At the push of a button, the lighting is dimmed in the entire conference room, the blinds and the presentation screen are lowered, the sound system and the beamer are activated, and the heating or air conditioning are set to the KNX CO2 air humidity and temperature sensor required temperature. And if the meeting turns KNX push-button plus and KNX push-button plus with room temperature control unit in out to be a long one, CO2 sensors automatically 2-gang frame activate the ventilation system.
The benefits of an intelligent office space
KNX is the intelligent building control system for all areas in which your customers live and work. From single-family houses to office complexes, the comprehensive portfolio of KNX solutions enables you to achieve flexible, energy efficient, comfortable and safe solutions that are easy to plan, install and operate.
- Comfort – Everyone nowadays expects more comfort and convenience in their domestic and working lives. What is called for are comfortable solutions that can be operated straightforwardly and without fuss, to make living and working easier.
- Flexibility – In order to allow for flexible room usage over several decades, it is necessary for building functions to be adapted to the users’ requirements easily in a cost-effective way – without the need for walls to be opened up and new cables to be laid.
- Cost efficiency – Intelligent networking of all building systems can avoid unnecessary energy consumption and reduce operating costs on a sustained basis. The ability to expand modular KNX system technology ensures economical solutions that are guaranteed to remain tailor-made over the long haul.
- Safety and security – To let residents feel as safe as possible, building technology must be able to react in a fast and intelligent way in any situation and at any time. No matter whether the building is full of life or quiet.
- Energy efficiency with KNX – The central role of intelligent building control Building system engineering supported by intelligent and networked room and building controllers (lighting, sun protection, heating, ventilation and air conditioning as well as the other building engineering systems) contribute significantly to conservative and requirement-based energy use. The worldwide standard for KNX technology enables energy savings in the double-figure percentage range and also provides enhanced flexibility with planning and implementation, a high level of investment protection and a high level of availability. Studies have shown that up to 45% energy savings can be achieved with the potential of KNX technology.
KNX boosting Management & User Experience
It could be said that there is no direct link between data management, user experience and KNX – they are disparate. But, in a building, or rather a built environment that is using KNX, it is KNX that can act as the bridge – turning what is just data into something that can be used as a building management tool. KNX doesn’t necessarily replace the IoT gadgets, it just manages them, collects the information and collates it into a common format.
If we take energy consumption as an example, KNX/IOT networks can help in analysing and forecasting the energy consumption for the coming months/year. All this with the help of a Smart Building Analytics Middleware.
Using KNX as the data management tool enables analysis of multiple types of data, without having the cost of additional monitoring equipment. This means more buildings have usable data. Being able to extract the data from multiple sources and manage it with one protocol means a quicker, and more cost-efficient process.
With data acquired from the KNX bus, the Smart middleware is able to analyse, report and predict the energy consumption and usage trends for the next desired amount of time. This could be used to reduce energy costs, improve efficiency or security. The end result is a more effective building that should have lower running costs or better operating margins.
Moreover, the Smart Building Analytics middleware seamlessly integrating to the Building Management System or Property Management System can further compliment the whole IOT ecosystem. One centralized platform to monitor, manage, optimize and control the whole building functions. All this, with KNX.
At Anglo African, our automation solutions are based on intelligent installation system that meets the highest requirements for applications in modern home and building control. The simple and proven KNX technology (http://www.knx.org), which is accepted as the world’s first open standard for the control of all types of intelligent buildings – industrial, commercial or residential. Our solutions are for new & existing buildings and is extendible/adaptable to new needs.
Are you looking to improve the efficiency of your business . Learn how Anglo African team can help you to implement an automation strategy for your enterprise needs. The Anglo African team is fully committed to helping you in achieving your new vision to drive operations to the fullest potential. For specific queries, get in touch with Navin by calling on: 2331636 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org